Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”Historians in the News
tags: Princeton, Trump, Harold James
World War Three is now a 'serious threat', a historian has warned
The possibility of World War Three breaking out is now a very “serious threat”, a prominent economic historian has warned.
Donald Trump’s election and the Brexit vote suggests people are losing faith in globalisation and it could result in a new world conflict, Harold James of Princeton University suggests.
“I think [a world war] is absolutely a serious threat,” he said in an interview with Sky News.
“In that sense I think the aftermath of 1907 is as interesting as the 1930s.
“Because after 1907 the foreign ministries, defence ministries, intelligence agencies started to operationalise information – to think that information was essential to the control of military events – and there was a kind of arms race in terms of communications control.
“And we’re seeing that kind of arms race at the moment I think.” ...
comments powered by Disqus
- Should Trump Be Impeached? What Founding Father James Madison Gave as Grounds for Impeachment.
- Long Lost Nordic Village Mysteriously Abandoned in the Middle Ages Rediscovered
- Holocaust Memorial Rebuilt Outside Far-Right Politician's House By German Activists
- Ratko Mladic Is Convicted in 1990s Slaughter of Bosnian Muslims
- Most Everything You Learned About Thanksgiving Is Wrong
- Is This Professor ‘Putin’s American Apologist’?
- Vietnam veterans challenge Ken Burns on the accuracy of his epic documentary
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race