Published Historian Of Spain Indicted By A Federal Grand Jury For Possession Of Child PornographyHistorians in the News
tags: Henry Kamen
A federal grand jury indicted Henry Kamen for possession of child pornography. Kamen, a British citizen currently residing in Barcelona, Spain, is a well-known historian and Professor of Spanish History, who resided within the Athens Division of the Middle District of Georgia. The grand jury alleged in the Indictment that Kamen possessed child pornography in September of 2014. If convicted of this charge, Kamen faces up to 20 years of imprisonment, and up to lifetime supervised release after being released from custody.
The charges in the Indictment are only allegations and are not evidence of guilt. Defendant Kamen is presumed innocent unless and until he is proven guilty and the Government has the burden of proving his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
The case is being investigated by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s Child Exploitation and Computer Crimes Unit. Assistant United States Attorney Erin N. Spritzer is prosecuting the case on behalf of the United States. Inquiries regarding this case should be directed to Pamela Lightsey, United States Attorney’s Office at (478) 621-2603.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘Make it right’: Descendants of slaves demand restitution from Georgetown
- See How Trump's Approval Rating Stacks Up Against Other Presidents After One Year
- Bayeux Tapestry to be displayed in Britain
- From prudish Victorians to arrows in the eye – 10 things from history everyone gets wrong
- State lawmaker files bill to remove Virginia's Robert E. Lee statue from U.S. Capitol
- George Will goes after liberal historian David Goldfield
- Stephen F. Cohen continues to berate Democrats for “demonizing Russia”
- Historian Taner Akçam’s new book includes "smoking gun" of Armenian Genocide
- Historian Antony Beevor “Astonished" At Ukraine Ban On His Best-Selling Book, “Stalingrad”
- Robert Caro says he’s reached 1966 in his next book on LBJ