Published Historian Of Spain Indicted By A Federal Grand Jury For Possession Of Child PornographyHistorians in the News
tags: Henry Kamen
A federal grand jury indicted Henry Kamen for possession of child pornography. Kamen, a British citizen currently residing in Barcelona, Spain, is a well-known historian and Professor of Spanish History, who resided within the Athens Division of the Middle District of Georgia. The grand jury alleged in the Indictment that Kamen possessed child pornography in September of 2014. If convicted of this charge, Kamen faces up to 20 years of imprisonment, and up to lifetime supervised release after being released from custody.
The charges in the Indictment are only allegations and are not evidence of guilt. Defendant Kamen is presumed innocent unless and until he is proven guilty and the Government has the burden of proving his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
The case is being investigated by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s Child Exploitation and Computer Crimes Unit. Assistant United States Attorney Erin N. Spritzer is prosecuting the case on behalf of the United States. Inquiries regarding this case should be directed to Pamela Lightsey, United States Attorney’s Office at (478) 621-2603.
comments powered by Disqus
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea