Published Historian Of Spain Indicted By A Federal Grand Jury For Possession Of Child PornographyHistorians in the News
tags: Henry Kamen
A federal grand jury indicted Henry Kamen for possession of child pornography. Kamen, a British citizen currently residing in Barcelona, Spain, is a well-known historian and Professor of Spanish History, who resided within the Athens Division of the Middle District of Georgia. The grand jury alleged in the Indictment that Kamen possessed child pornography in September of 2014. If convicted of this charge, Kamen faces up to 20 years of imprisonment, and up to lifetime supervised release after being released from custody.
The charges in the Indictment are only allegations and are not evidence of guilt. Defendant Kamen is presumed innocent unless and until he is proven guilty and the Government has the burden of proving his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
The case is being investigated by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s Child Exploitation and Computer Crimes Unit. Assistant United States Attorney Erin N. Spritzer is prosecuting the case on behalf of the United States. Inquiries regarding this case should be directed to Pamela Lightsey, United States Attorney’s Office at (478) 621-2603.
comments powered by Disqus
- Support grows for Smithsonian museum of women’s history
- History Lesson: How the Democrats pushed Obamacare through the Senate
- Oldest women’s college in US – Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia – seeks to atone for Ku Klux Klan’s legacy
- Ancient Egyptian Writing: New Symbols Reveal Development Of Hieroglyphics
- Dr. Suess museum chided for failing to address head-on his racist statements during WW2
- Lonnie Bunch says the nooses found at the Smithsonian recently show why black people cannot get over the past
- Andrew Bacevich bemoans the loss of authority of historians
- It’s Time for Historians of Slavery to Listen to Economists
- Researcher: "Actually, Yes It Is a Discovery If You Find Something in an Archive That No One Knew Was There."
- The Trump team is obsessing over Thucydides, the ancient historian who wrote a seminal tract on war