Officials say Henry Kissinger is the target of a $150,000 assassination plot in 1977Breaking News
tags: Henry Kissinger
A die-hard clique of Israeli right-wingers has put out a $150,000 “contract” for the assassination of Secretary of State Kissinger, according to high State Department officials. The money to hire one or more foreign hitmen was reportedly paid in advance.
The nature of the threat was disclosed after President Ford asked congressional leaders earlier this week to help work out a way for Kissinger to keep his Secret Service bodyguards after he leaves office next week.
The News reported seven weeks ago that the Secretary Service detail protecting Kissinger had been doubled because of an assassination threat that was received in early November. All that was known about the threat at that time was that it was being taken extremely seriously by the Secret Service.
comments powered by Disqus
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Nazis in America: Richard Spencer's Visit to Florida Targets Jewish and Hispanic Students, Professors Say
- Documents: U.S. Embassy Tracked Indonesia Mass Murder 1965
- Tufts Project Maps The Landmarks Of Black Boston
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea
- Bill Moyers interviews James Whitman about his shocking book
- Cornelia Bailey, Champion of African-Rooted Culture in Coastal Georgia, Dies at 72
- Sexism in the history department at West Point alleged
- A Conversation About American Racism with Ibram X. Kendi