How will Trump’s inaugural address compare with others?Breaking News
tags: inaugural address, election 2016, Trump
Powerful speeches turn everyday people into wizards, casting a spell over an audience that bends their ears to the turn of a phrase. Public speakers tug on the heartstrings of a crowd to sway them toward an opinion.
Whether they’re pushing for action like Hillary Clinton or laying out their plans for a nation like 2016 President-elect Donald Trump, thought-provoking speeches work like magic. Public speakers simply replace incantations with anecdotes to connect with a crowd. Even Kanye West found a way to ignite the masses with his infamous VMA mic-snatch from Taylor Swift.
To make sense of this magic, we ran 100 of the top American speeches delivered by politicians and celebrities through a platform called TextStat, which compiles and aggregates text analysis from no less than 6 highly-regarded textual analysis methods.
comments powered by Disqus
- Sources: McMaster Mocked Trump’s Intelligence at a Private Dinner
- The JFK assassination files lead back to Seattle
- Princeton investigates its connection to slavery at a two-day symposium
- Rare Documents Show a Palm Reader's Take on Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt
- A Photo of Billy the Kid Bought for $10 at a Flea Market May Be Worth Millions
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race
- Heather Ann Thompson says what went on at Attica is worse than we thought
- Princeton’s Jan T. Gross warns that Poland’s showing signs of turning decisively in a fascist direction
- Gar Alperovitz is still pushing to make America more democratic
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”