Islamic State destroys 100 religious shrines in Nineveh PlainBreaking News
tags: ISIS, Ancient Artifacts, Nineveh Plain
Nineveh (IraqiNews.com) Representative of Sunni Endowment Diwan in Kurdistan announced on Monday, that the self-proclaimed Islamic State group destroyed nearly 100 religious places, including churches and Yazidi shrines in Nineveh Plain.
Meriwan al-Naqshabandi, Representative of Sunni Endowment Diwan in Kurdistan, said in a statement, “The Islamic State group destroyed and destructed nearly 100 religious shrines, since imposing its control on villages and cities of Iraqi Kurdistan.”
“The majority of these places belong to Christianity, Yazdanism and Yarsanism (Kaka’i),” Naqshabandi added.
Naqshabandi also declared that all crimes committed by the Islamic State are documented by the concerned committee.
comments powered by Disqus
- Supporters Rally Around Accused Russian Historian Of Stalin's Crimes
- Mormon history scholars file court brief over Trump travel ban
- Accused plagiarist Matthew Whitaker wins arbitration case against City of Phoenix over police contract
- Niall Ferguson says the liberal international order has passed its peak
- Nathaniel Philbrick wins the $50,000 2017 George Washington Prize