Islamic State destroys 100 religious shrines in Nineveh PlainBreaking News
tags: ISIS, Ancient Artifacts, Nineveh Plain
Nineveh (IraqiNews.com) Representative of Sunni Endowment Diwan in Kurdistan announced on Monday, that the self-proclaimed Islamic State group destroyed nearly 100 religious places, including churches and Yazidi shrines in Nineveh Plain.
Meriwan al-Naqshabandi, Representative of Sunni Endowment Diwan in Kurdistan, said in a statement, “The Islamic State group destroyed and destructed nearly 100 religious shrines, since imposing its control on villages and cities of Iraqi Kurdistan.”
“The majority of these places belong to Christianity, Yazdanism and Yarsanism (Kaka’i),” Naqshabandi added.
Naqshabandi also declared that all crimes committed by the Islamic State are documented by the concerned committee.
comments powered by Disqus
- Do American Indians Celebrate the 4th of July?
- Trump Vows To Veto Defense Bill If It Removes Confederate Names From Military Bases
- Fourth of July: Beer’s Patriotic Connection to the Founding Fathers
- Calls for ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ to be Replaced With a New US National Anthem
- As Young People Drive Infection Spikes, College Faculty Members Fight For The Right To Teach Remotely
- The Day the White Working Class Turned Republican (Review)
- David Starkey Criticised over Slavery Comments
- ‘A Conflicted Cultural Force’: What It’s Like to Be Black in Publishing
- Did Rutgers Find The Perfect President For 2020? Meet Jonathan Holloway, Black Historian.
- In Search of King David’s Lost Empire