Islamic State destroys 100 religious shrines in Nineveh PlainBreaking News
tags: ISIS, Ancient Artifacts, Nineveh Plain
Nineveh (IraqiNews.com) Representative of Sunni Endowment Diwan in Kurdistan announced on Monday, that the self-proclaimed Islamic State group destroyed nearly 100 religious places, including churches and Yazidi shrines in Nineveh Plain.
Meriwan al-Naqshabandi, Representative of Sunni Endowment Diwan in Kurdistan, said in a statement, “The Islamic State group destroyed and destructed nearly 100 religious shrines, since imposing its control on villages and cities of Iraqi Kurdistan.”
“The majority of these places belong to Christianity, Yazdanism and Yarsanism (Kaka’i),” Naqshabandi added.
Naqshabandi also declared that all crimes committed by the Islamic State are documented by the concerned committee.
comments powered by Disqus
- Eric Foner interviews Matt Karp about his new book on slaveholders
- Are historians ignoring the history of originalism?
- Mark Noll says evangelicals voted for Trump for lots of reasons, abortion among them
- Yuval Noah Harari: "Homo sapiens as we know them will disappear in a century or so"
- Historian John Fea’s twitterstorm in defense of the NEH