Islamic State destroys 100 religious shrines in Nineveh PlainBreaking News
tags: ISIS, Ancient Artifacts, Nineveh Plain
Nineveh (IraqiNews.com) Representative of Sunni Endowment Diwan in Kurdistan announced on Monday, that the self-proclaimed Islamic State group destroyed nearly 100 religious places, including churches and Yazidi shrines in Nineveh Plain.
Meriwan al-Naqshabandi, Representative of Sunni Endowment Diwan in Kurdistan, said in a statement, “The Islamic State group destroyed and destructed nearly 100 religious shrines, since imposing its control on villages and cities of Iraqi Kurdistan.”
“The majority of these places belong to Christianity, Yazdanism and Yarsanism (Kaka’i),” Naqshabandi added.
Naqshabandi also declared that all crimes committed by the Islamic State are documented by the concerned committee.
comments powered by Disqus
- Male Historians Have Long Dominated Public Debates. Is Charlottesville a Turning Point?
- Kevin Levin says he’s changed his mind about Confederate statues
- Scholar of African history says his Jewish background didn’t stop him from writing about Muslims and Africa
- Jon Meacham points out why Lee should go but Washington should stay
- "I've studied the history of Confederate memorials. Here's what to do about them."