Japan recalls Korean envoy over 'comfort women' statueBreaking News
tags: Japan, Korea, comfort women
The statue was installed by activists outside the Japanese consulate in the South Korean city of Busan last month.
South Korea has long called for reparations for "comfort women", who were forced to work in Japanese military brothels during World War Two.
Japan says the statue violates a previous agreement on the issue.
comments powered by Disqus
- Eric Foner interviews Matt Karp about his new book on slaveholders
- Are historians ignoring the history of originalism?
- Mark Noll says evangelicals voted for Trump for lots of reasons, abortion among them
- Yuval Noah Harari: "Homo sapiens as we know them will disappear in a century or so"
- Historian John Fea’s twitterstorm in defense of the NEH