Japan recalls Korean envoy over 'comfort women' statueBreaking News
tags: Japan, Korea, comfort women
The statue was installed by activists outside the Japanese consulate in the South Korean city of Busan last month.
South Korea has long called for reparations for "comfort women", who were forced to work in Japanese military brothels during World War Two.
Japan says the statue violates a previous agreement on the issue.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past
- Linda Gordon’s new book captures how white supremacy has long been part of our political mainstream
- Yale Civil Rights history course is a "call to action" and a chance "to be woke”
- Gil Troy back’s Trump decision on Jerusalem