Japan recalls Korean envoy over 'comfort women' statueBreaking News
tags: Japan, Korea, comfort women
The statue was installed by activists outside the Japanese consulate in the South Korean city of Busan last month.
South Korea has long called for reparations for "comfort women", who were forced to work in Japanese military brothels during World War Two.
Japan says the statue violates a previous agreement on the issue.
comments powered by Disqus
- Supporters Rally Around Accused Russian Historian Of Stalin's Crimes
- Mormon history scholars file court brief over Trump travel ban
- Accused plagiarist Matthew Whitaker wins arbitration case against City of Phoenix over police contract
- Niall Ferguson says the liberal international order has passed its peak
- Nathaniel Philbrick wins the $50,000 2017 George Washington Prize