Armies looting historic sites in Middle East, warn academicsBreaking News
tags: Middle East, Syria
A Glasgow University academic has claimed that military personnel are involved in the looting of historic sites in Syria and Iraq.
Dr Claudia Gatz is taking a leading role in combating the threat facing war-torn ancient archaeological sites in the Middle East, some of which, she says, are seeing looting by various armies.
The university is hosting a major international conference, which began yesterday, that is discussing the international response to preserve and protect cultural heritage and historical sites.
comments powered by Disqus
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past