The Nazi hunter's last mission
The notorious doctor of the concentration camps, Heim is regarded as one of the second world war’s most sadistic criminals. Now 91, he has reportedly been spotted in South America, Egypt, Spain and Germany. New evidence emerging, such as recent bank records, suggests that he is still alive and living in Spain.
Together with German investigators, Zuroff’s researchers have recently gained access to Heim’s bank accounts in Berlin. These contain €1m (£680,000) and other assets.
They believe the fact that none of Heim’s three children has claimed any of the money suggests that he is probably still alive. Records show that as recently as 2001, Heim asked the German tax authorities to pay back capital gains tax levied on him because he was living abroad.
comments powered by Disqus
- New Churchill Museum director shares vision
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome