The Nazi hunter's last mission
The notorious doctor of the concentration camps, Heim is regarded as one of the second world war’s most sadistic criminals. Now 91, he has reportedly been spotted in South America, Egypt, Spain and Germany. New evidence emerging, such as recent bank records, suggests that he is still alive and living in Spain.
Together with German investigators, Zuroff’s researchers have recently gained access to Heim’s bank accounts in Berlin. These contain €1m (£680,000) and other assets.
They believe the fact that none of Heim’s three children has claimed any of the money suggests that he is probably still alive. Records show that as recently as 2001, Heim asked the German tax authorities to pay back capital gains tax levied on him because he was living abroad.
comments powered by Disqus
- New museum in Poland -- the grandest space created since 1989 -- tells the story of the Jews
- Lewinsky mistreated by authorities in investigation of Clinton, report says
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- How Laurel Thatcher Ulrich caught up with the past
- Postal Workers Take on Harvard President, historian Drew Faust
- Symposium held in honor of John D’Emilio
- Thousands of Historic Archives from British Asylums to Go Online
- American Studies Association boycott of Israel: Conservatives say it’s weakening