New South Wales (Australia) to offer reparations to Stolen GenerationsBreaking News
tags: Australia, Stolen Generations
The Baird government will offer financial compensation to survivors of the Stolen Generations under a multimillion-dollar policy acknowledging the harm inflicted on Aboriginal communities by the forcible removal of children.
Almost 20 years after a landmark national report recommended financial reparations be made to Aboriginal people affected by successive state governments' forcible removal policies, NSW will set up a scheme to streamline compensation claims.
Aboriginal Affairs Minister Leslie Williams will announce a $73.8 million package on Friday to provide redress to members of the Stolen Generations.
comments powered by Disqus
- The original Watergate lock that burglars picked open is going to auction
- Trump, Mueller And The Ancient History Of Grants Of Immunity
- Documents show Gorbachev was assured US wouldn't expand NATO into Central and Eastern Europe
- Memorial to honor 4,000 victims of lynching to be built in Montgomery, Alabama
- Study: Inequality is a phenomenon of the past 10,000 years
- Linda Gordon’s new book captures how white supremacy has long been part of our political mainstream
- Yale Civil Rights history course is a "call to action" and a chance "to be woke”
- Gil Troy back’s Trump decision on Jerusalem
- College Board revises AP European history test in response to criticism by conservatives
- AHA says it’s feasible to stop the proposed tax on grad student tuition waivers