New South Wales (Australia) to offer reparations to Stolen GenerationsBreaking News
tags: Australia, Stolen Generations
The Baird government will offer financial compensation to survivors of the Stolen Generations under a multimillion-dollar policy acknowledging the harm inflicted on Aboriginal communities by the forcible removal of children.
Almost 20 years after a landmark national report recommended financial reparations be made to Aboriginal people affected by successive state governments' forcible removal policies, NSW will set up a scheme to streamline compensation claims.
Aboriginal Affairs Minister Leslie Williams will announce a $73.8 million package on Friday to provide redress to members of the Stolen Generations.
comments powered by Disqus
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Documents: U.S. Embassy Tracked Indonesia Mass Murder 1965
- Tufts Project Maps The Landmarks Of Black Boston
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea
- Bill Moyers interviews James Whitman about his shocking book
- Cornelia Bailey, Champion of African-Rooted Culture in Coastal Georgia, Dies at 72
- Sexism in the history department at West Point alleged
- A Conversation About American Racism with Ibram X. Kendi