New South Wales (Australia) to offer reparations to Stolen GenerationsBreaking News
tags: Australia, Stolen Generations
The Baird government will offer financial compensation to survivors of the Stolen Generations under a multimillion-dollar policy acknowledging the harm inflicted on Aboriginal communities by the forcible removal of children.
Almost 20 years after a landmark national report recommended financial reparations be made to Aboriginal people affected by successive state governments' forcible removal policies, NSW will set up a scheme to streamline compensation claims.
Aboriginal Affairs Minister Leslie Williams will announce a $73.8 million package on Friday to provide redress to members of the Stolen Generations.
comments powered by Disqus
- George Washington gets romanticized by male biographers. Now a woman has taken him on.
- Can Donald Trump Avoid a War with Iran? History Tells Us To Worry.
- Who Owns History? Connecticut Woman Sues Harvard for Family Photos
- In 1933, two rebellious women bought a home in Virginia’s woods. Then the CIA moved in.
- Historic Iwo Jima footage shows individual Marines amid the larger battle
- Historian Ruth Ben-Ghiat Quoted in Washington Post Article on Trump's Quest to Rewrite History
- This one-of-a-kind conference celebrates the real people behind the Underground Railroad
- Zara Steiner, distinguished scholar of diplomatic history, dies at 91
- Historian James T. Kloppenberg Writes Article About Teaching Pete Buttigieg
- How a Fake Priest Duped Oxford and a World-Famous Historian