Museum of Election Losers Prepares to Honor Either Donald Trump or Hillary ClintonBreaking News
tags: Hillary Clinton, election 2016, Trump, Museum of Election Losers
A small museum in northwest Kansas that has paid homage to the losers of U.S. presidential elections for more than a half-century is readying a place on its wall for either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton.
Every four years, the obscure “They Also Ran” gallery in Norton, Kan., adds a new face to its collection of White House wannabes—not to mock their shortcomings but to honor their spirit.
“No one likes the guy who comes in second place, but we’re proud of the people who tried,” said Lee Ann Shearer, the exhibit’s longtime curator. “We’re not dissing you because you didn’t make president. It takes a lot of guts. You almost achieved the highest office in the country and imagine the feeling of defeat when you don’t get it.”
comments powered by Disqus
- Sources: McMaster Mocked Trump’s Intelligence at a Private Dinner
- The JFK assassination files lead back to Seattle
- Princeton investigates its connection to slavery at a two-day symposium
- Rare Documents Show a Palm Reader's Take on Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt
- A Photo of Billy the Kid Bought for $10 at a Flea Market May Be Worth Millions
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race
- Heather Ann Thompson says what went on at Attica is worse than we thought
- Princeton’s Jan T. Gross warns that Poland’s showing signs of turning decisively in a fascist direction
- Gar Alperovitz is still pushing to make America more democratic
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”