Now Austria Says It Will Likely Redesign Hitler's House, Not Tear It DownBreaking News
tags: Hitler, Austria, Braunau am Inn
A day after the Austrian government said it was planning to tear down the house where Adolf Hitler was born, the interior minister now says it is likely to be redesigned.
The idea is to prevent the property from being a pilgrimage site for neo-Nazis.
"After years of indecision about what to do with the Hitler house, Austrians thought they had a decision," reporter Kerry Skyring tells our Newscast unit. The interior minister had said the building would be demolished, leaving only the foundation.
comments powered by Disqus
- 15 States Have Postponed Their Primaries Because of Coronavirus. Here’s a List.
- The Hot & Bothered Podcast: Beyond the New Deal
- Generations of Rosewood Descendants Keep a Once-Forgotten History Alive
- From Afar, Congress Moves to Oversee Trump Coronavirus Response
- A 200-Foot Section of the Berlin Wall Has Been Torn Down to Make Way for Condos, Leaving Historians Appalled
- After Reparations
- Will Coronavirus Change How We Think About Climate Change?
- David C. Driskell, Tireless Advocate for Black Art History, Is Dead at 88
- NCMC Mourns the Loss of Longtime Professor Who Died Due to COVID-19
- The US Government Has a Long History of Using Crises to Justify Indefinite Mass Detention