India’s ‘Brexit’ Took More Than a ReferendumBreaking News
tags: India, Brexit
That “Brexit” took two centuries of mutinies and protests, culminating in the nonviolent movement led by Gandhi, to compel the British to grant India independence in 1947 and leave soon after.
So Indians watched with interest as Britain, perceiving a threat to its sovereignty, voted in a referendum to leave the European Union. And they marveled at how much easier this Brexit was to achieve.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump, Mueller And The Ancient History Of Grants Of Immunity
- Documents show Gorbachev was assured US wouldn't expand NATO into Central and Eastern Europe
- Memorial to honor 4,000 victims of lynching to be built in Montgomery, Alabama
- Study: Inequality is a phenomenon of the past 10,000 years
- From 200 Years Ago, a Lesson About Mass Killings
- College Board revises AP European history test in response to criticism by conservatives
- AHA says it’s feasible to stop the proposed tax on grad student tuition waivers
- Rashid Khalidi opposes Trump decision on Jerusalem
- Daniel Pipes backs Trump decision on Jerusalem
- The Penn TA who said she calls on black women first won’t be teaching next semester