Civil War heritage trail in the worksBreaking News
The trail, to be completed in time for next year's travel season, will include York, Wrightsville and Hanover as well as Harrisburg, Carlisle, Chambersburg and Gettysburg, all affected when the Army of Northern Virginia entered Pennsylvania in the summer of 1863.
Signs and markers are to be erected to draw people to historic sites, and officials are also planning overnight packages for local hotels and a day-trip itinerary to be posted on the state's tourism website.
Similar trails have already been set up in Maryland and Virginia.
comments powered by Disqus
- Alexandros K. Kyros shocked to encounter Armenian Genocide denials at Harvard event
- Historian Antony Beevor: ‘Violence and fear become a drug in wars’
- Historian David Potter corrects the Dutch prime minister
- At Brandis the Afro-American studies faculty is siding with student protesters
- NYT's Notable Books of 2015: These are the history books that made the cut