South Carolina Gov. Haley vetoes proposal to move Confederate flag, museum to CharlestonBreaking News
tags: Confederate flag, Confederate Memorials
Gov. Nikki Haley approved $4 million for the planned International African American Museum in Charleston, but nixed millions of dollars for other museums in this year’s state budget.
That includes a study to consider moving the state’s furled Confederate battle flag to the Lowcountry.
Haley said a study of whether the Confederate Relic Room and Military Museum — which is housed in the same building as the South Carolina State Museum — should be moved to Charleston is unnecessary.
comments powered by Disqus
- Barbara and Karen Fields discuss their new book, "Racecraft"
- What’s Antifa all about? Mark Bray explains.
- Historian Keisha N. Blain tells the story of black nationalist women in her new book
- War or Peace for North Korea: A call for Action by Historians for Peace and Democracy
- George Will goes after liberal historian David Goldfield