78% of active Reddit threads mention HitlerBreaking News
If you’re on a popular Reddit comment thread, there’s a good chance you’ll come across at least one mention of Hitler or Nazi Germany.
A data scientist who blogs with the pen name Curious Gnu analyzed 4.6 million publicly available Reddit comments. He found that 78% of subreddits with more than 1,000 comments have at least one mention of Hitler or Nazis.
Some of those the subreddits invite comments about Nazis, since they’re focused on political and geographical discussions. The subreddit called “History” has by far the largest number of Nazi mentions, with 2.5% of all comments involving Hitler and related topics. That subreddit is followed by “AskHistorians,” “European,” “Italy,” and “De” (short for Deutschland).
But even if you strip out history subreddits, there’s really no avoiding Hitler on Reddit.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump, Mueller And The Ancient History Of Grants Of Immunity
- Documents show Gorbachev was assured US wouldn't expand NATO into Central and Eastern Europe
- Memorial to honor 4,000 victims of lynching to be built in Montgomery, Alabama
- Study: Inequality is a phenomenon of the past 10,000 years
- From 200 Years Ago, a Lesson About Mass Killings
- College Board revises AP European history test in response to criticism by conservatives
- AHA says it’s feasible to stop the proposed tax on grad student tuition waivers
- Rashid Khalidi opposes Trump decision on Jerusalem
- Daniel Pipes backs Trump decision on Jerusalem
- The Penn TA who said she calls on black women first won’t be teaching next semester