‘Illegal’ Syrian antiquity found on sale for £30,000 in LondonBreaking News
tags: ISIS, ISIL, Ancient Artifacts
An an ancient stone ornament illegally removed from Syria has been found on sale for tens of thousands of pounds in an upmarket antiques shop in Mayfair, central London.
After being told that antiquities looted in Syria and Iraq may be on sale in Britain, Channel 4’s Dispatches programme sent two academics undercover to pose as collectors.
Augusta McMahon, a senior lecturer in archaeology at Cambridge, and Alessio Palmisano, from University College London, wore hidden cameras as they browsed antiques shops.
comments powered by Disqus
- Will Midwest Governors Challenge Florida's Conservative Education Agenda?
- Is a Third Intifada Imminent?
- DeSantis's War on Universities Goes Beyond the Influential "Powell Memo"
- Anthropologist on Gathering Family History: Ask Your Elders the Right Questions
- Irony Alert: GOP Stages Anti-Socialist Show Vote while Preparing to Convene in the Most Socialist City in America