ISIS driven out of Palmyra by Assad troopsBreaking News
tags: Syria, Palmyra
The Syrian army has been advancing for weeks on the outskirts of ancient Palmyra in an offensive to drive ISIS out of the city and return it to government control. Today the army declared victory after conducting a raid on the city supported by Russian airstrikes. Elizabeth Palmer reports.
● Historian Juan Cole on what's just happened in Palmyra
comments powered by Disqus
- Savannah Approves Changes to Confederate Monument From 1875
- Law Professor Eric Posner Proposes Bringing Back Indentured Servitude
- Public Rates Presidents: Kennedy, Reagan, Obama at Top
- Elizabeth Warren’s striking speech responding to Trump’s “Pocahontas” taunts
- When the next generation looks racially different from the last, political tensions rise
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89
- What departments of history are doing about lower enrollments