ISIS driven out of Palmyra by Assad troopsBreaking News
tags: Syria, Palmyra
The Syrian army has been advancing for weeks on the outskirts of ancient Palmyra in an offensive to drive ISIS out of the city and return it to government control. Today the army declared victory after conducting a raid on the city supported by Russian airstrikes. Elizabeth Palmer reports.
● Historian Juan Cole on what's just happened in Palmyra
comments powered by Disqus
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel