Intellectual history conference in DC debates what it means to be an intellectualHistorians in the News
tags: history, intellectual history, USIH
The annual convention of the United States Intellectual History Society is underway in Washington DC.
Corey Robin (CUNY)
Leo Ribuffo (GW)
Claire Potter (New School)
David Ferriero (Archivist of the United States)
Russell Jacoby (Author of The Last Intellectuals)
Spotted: Bob Woodward at the panel on Russell Jacoby's book
comments powered by Disqus
- The Real Reason the American Economy Boomed After World War II
- Florence Revives Medieval Plague-Era ‘Wine Windows’ for Contactless Service
- Tulane Canceled a Talk by the Author of an Acclaimed Anti-Racism Book After Students Said the Event Was 'Violent'
- Sunday Reading: Hiroshima
- More Than a Century Before the 19th Amendment, Women were Voting in New Jersey
- Black Americans Who Served in WWII Faced Segregation and Second-Class Roles
- Lincoln Library Cancels Exhibition Over Racial Sensitivity Concerns
- Nixon Did Call the Military on Protesters. He Just Covered It Up.
- Historians Pay Tribute: ‘Today We Live In John Hume’s Ireland, And Thank God For That’
- Let Us Drink in Public