Ben Carson flunks middle school historyBreaking News
tags: election 2016, Ben Carson
If only Anne Frank had a gun. Then, according to the logic of Ben Carson, a retired neurosurgeon who is running for the Republican presidential nomination, she would have been able to better fight against the Nazis.
Carson has come under criticism for this astonishing statement in his new book, “A More Perfect Union: What We the People Can Do to Reclaim Our Constitutional Liberties.” On CNN recently, host Wolf Blitzer read this excerpt:
“German citizens were disarmed by their government in the late 1930s and by the late 1940s Hitler’s regime had mercilessly slaughtered 6 million Jews and numerous others whom they considered inferior. Through a combination of removing guns and disseminating deceitful propaganda, the Nazis were able to carry out their evil intentions with relatively little resistance.”
comments powered by Disqus
- Odds of a Contested November Election Are on the Rise
- Penguin Classics and Others Work to Diversify Offerings From the Canon
- Coping With Coronavirus Disappointments: Five Lessons From Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- The Case Against Waging ‘War’ on the Coronavirus
- Helen Hunt Brings Trailblazing War Journalist to Life in "World On Fire"
- And The Winners of the 2020 Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards Are ...
- AHA's Committee on LGBT History Announces Hardship Grants
- What Both the Left and the Right Get Wrong About the Coronavirus Economic Crisis
- As COVID-19 Spreads, Mary Barra Needs To Denounce Trump As Bad For Capitalism
- Pandemics and the Shape of Human History