In a county that tried to amend U.S. history course, a lesson in politicsBreaking News
Voters in Jefferson County, Colo., are petitioning to recall three conservative members of the local school board who caused a national stir last fall after criticizing the Advanced Placement U.S. History course for being insufficiently patriotic.
Residents collected more than twice the number of required signatures on a petition to recall the three conservative members of the five-member Jefferson County Board of Education.
Jeffco United for Action said it had more than 110,000 on petitions to recall board members John Newkirk, Ken Witt and Julie Williams. The group needs 15,000 valid signatures for each board member it wants to unseat in order to force a recall election.
comments powered by Disqus
- Documents: U.S. Embassy Tracked Indonesia Mass Murder 1965
- Tufts Project Maps The Landmarks Of Black Boston
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- The JFK Document Dump Could Be a Fiasco Say These Two Scholars
- The book Mattis reads to be prepared for war with North Korea
- Digital map helps historians get granular with holocaust research
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment