Jeb Bush’s favorite president is ... James K. Polk?Breaking News
tags: Jeb Bush, James K Polk
Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush offered an expected answer to a question about his favorite president — but also added a pretty unexpected one.
Bush, a former Florida governor, told a potential supporter here that his two favorite presidents were his father and brother, George H.W. and George W. Bush, who served as the 41st and 43rd presidents, respectively.
After that, he cited first president George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, the Republican who presided over the Civil War.
Regarding Lincoln, though, Bush emphasized his actions apart from the war, noting the creation of the Transcontinental Railroad, the Homestead Act and the Morrill Act to create land-grant universities.
Then Bush namedropped James K. Polk.
comments powered by Disqus
- The New York Times journalist who secretly led the charge against liberal media bias
- A history lesson: Do tax cuts pay for themselves?
- Trump is being sued to stop him from shrinking Bears Ears national monument by 85 percent. Who will win?
- As colleges investigate slavery ties, George Washington University joins in
- Before the Bus, Rosa Parks Was a Sexual Assault Investigator
- The Penn TA who said she calls on black women first won’t be teaching next semester
- Black South African scholars urged to correct white historians’ distortion
- At Columbia, Three Women, 30 Years and a Pattern of Harassment
- Pakistani Historian Mobarak Haidar says Muslims “have no religious basis to rule Jerusalem”
- AHA Announces Last-Minute Sessions Timed to News Events