And now this, ISIS?Breaking News
tags: ISIS, ISIL
Related Link ISIS Destroys More Artifacts in Syria and Iraq (NYT)
Dear Iraqi Architects, Archaeologists and Friends World-Wide
This is to inform you of the latest sad news that the so-called “Islamic State” or ISIS, has recently demolished a little-known but important tomb building that dated back to the middle 13th century, probably even to the Abbasid Era. The Tomb was locally known as that of a certain Imam Ismail and located about 11 kilometers west of Hawija Town in Kirkuk Province and not far from the archaeological ruins of al-Bawazij Islamic Town near the Lesser Zab River. The destruction is confirmed be photographs.
Again, this is a terrible and tragic addition to ISIS’s long list of never-ending and incomprehensible destruction of some of Iraq’s and Syria’s most important historic monuments.
Iraqi Architect and Heritage Expert
comments powered by Disqus
- The New York Times journalist who secretly led the charge against liberal media bias
- A history lesson: Do tax cuts pay for themselves?
- Trump is being sued to stop him from shrinking Bears Ears national monument by 85 percent. Who will win?
- As colleges investigate slavery ties, George Washington University joins in
- Before the Bus, Rosa Parks Was a Sexual Assault Investigator
- The Penn TA who said she calls on black women first won’t be teaching next semester
- Black South African scholars urged to correct white historians’ distortion
- At Columbia, Three Women, 30 Years and a Pattern of Harassment
- Pakistani Historian Mobarak Haidar says Muslims “have no religious basis to rule Jerusalem”
- AHA Announces Last-Minute Sessions Timed to News Events