Video game maker recreates the Battle of WaterlooBreaking News
tags: Napoleon, Waterloo, Duke of Wellington
In order to properly commemorate the bicentenary anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo, Matrix Games is teaming up with developer NorbSoft to reproduce, live, the most dramatic moments of the final great encounter between Napoleon and his opponents. This spectacle will be delivered thanks to a live Twitch stream of Scourge of War: Waterloo, with historical scenarios being played at exactly the same time as events happened in June 18, 1815.
The official schedule of the event can now be revealed (time zone is CEST):
· 11:30 – Initial Attack on Hougoumont (30min)
· 12:00 – Attack on Pappelotte (30min)
· 12:30 – 2nd Attack on Hougoumont (60min)
· 13:30 – Count d’Erlon’s Attack on the Allied left (60min)
· 15:00 – Attack on La Haye Sainte (30min)
· 16:00 – Battle of Mt. St. Jean (30min)
· 17:00 – Defense Against Arriving Prussians (60min)
· 18:00 – Prussian Attack on Placenoit (60min)
· 19:45 – Defence against Napoleon’s Imperial Guard (45min)
So on June 18th, 11.30 (CEST) on the official Twitch channel of the Slitherine Group we will start to bring back to life Napoleon, Wellington, Blucher and the thousands of soldiers who shaped the destiny of Europe!
Additionally Iain Dickie – well-known expert on the Napoleonic era and specialist of the miniature wargames world – will accompany us all day long and share a host of historical details with the public to help us better understand the strategic and tactical aspects of the Battle of Waterloo.
Get more information on Scourge of War: Waterloo from its official product page.
Matrix Games is part of the Slitherine Group
About the Slitherine Group
The Slitherine Group is the world’s leading producer and publisher of digital wargames and strategy games. Under the Slitherine (www.slitherine.com), Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) and Ageod (www.ageod.com) brands it has published literally hundreds of games, with many award-winning titles in its portfolio and spanning all digital platforms, from home consoles to modern Smartphone’s and Tablets. Slitherine is also involved with book publishing, board gaming and works with a wide array of key licensing partners, such as HISTORY®, MILITARY HISTORY®, Games Workshop®, Horrible Histories™, Showtime, BBC, Osprey, Scholastic, Buzz Aldrin Enterprises and many others to deliver the best blend of historical accuracy in an exciting and entertaining way. Together the Group companies form the world’s largest organization specializing in this important and vibrant niche. The Slitherine Group’s mission over the coming years is to lead the way in innovation and growth in an ever expanding segment of the entertainment industry.
comments powered by Disqus
- Do American Indians Celebrate the 4th of July?
- Trump Vows To Veto Defense Bill If It Removes Confederate Names From Military Bases
- Fourth of July: Beer’s Patriotic Connection to the Founding Fathers
- Calls for ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ to be Replaced With a New US National Anthem
- As Young People Drive Infection Spikes, College Faculty Members Fight For The Right To Teach Remotely
- The Day the White Working Class Turned Republican (Review)
- David Starkey Criticised over Slavery Comments
- ‘A Conflicted Cultural Force’: What It’s Like to Be Black in Publishing
- Did Rutgers Find The Perfect President For 2020? Meet Jonathan Holloway, Black Historian.
- In Search of King David’s Lost Empire