Video game maker recreates the Battle of WaterlooBreaking News
tags: Napoleon, Waterloo, Duke of Wellington
In order to properly commemorate the bicentenary anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo, Matrix Games is teaming up with developer NorbSoft to reproduce, live, the most dramatic moments of the final great encounter between Napoleon and his opponents. This spectacle will be delivered thanks to a live Twitch stream of Scourge of War: Waterloo, with historical scenarios being played at exactly the same time as events happened in June 18, 1815.
The official schedule of the event can now be revealed (time zone is CEST):
· 11:30 – Initial Attack on Hougoumont (30min)
· 12:00 – Attack on Pappelotte (30min)
· 12:30 – 2nd Attack on Hougoumont (60min)
· 13:30 – Count d’Erlon’s Attack on the Allied left (60min)
· 15:00 – Attack on La Haye Sainte (30min)
· 16:00 – Battle of Mt. St. Jean (30min)
· 17:00 – Defense Against Arriving Prussians (60min)
· 18:00 – Prussian Attack on Placenoit (60min)
· 19:45 – Defence against Napoleon’s Imperial Guard (45min)
So on June 18th, 11.30 (CEST) on the official Twitch channel of the Slitherine Group we will start to bring back to life Napoleon, Wellington, Blucher and the thousands of soldiers who shaped the destiny of Europe!
Additionally Iain Dickie – well-known expert on the Napoleonic era and specialist of the miniature wargames world – will accompany us all day long and share a host of historical details with the public to help us better understand the strategic and tactical aspects of the Battle of Waterloo.
Get more information on Scourge of War: Waterloo from its official product page.
Matrix Games is part of the Slitherine Group
About the Slitherine Group
The Slitherine Group is the world’s leading producer and publisher of digital wargames and strategy games. Under the Slitherine (www.slitherine.com), Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) and Ageod (www.ageod.com) brands it has published literally hundreds of games, with many award-winning titles in its portfolio and spanning all digital platforms, from home consoles to modern Smartphone’s and Tablets. Slitherine is also involved with book publishing, board gaming and works with a wide array of key licensing partners, such as HISTORY®, MILITARY HISTORY®, Games Workshop®, Horrible Histories™, Showtime, BBC, Osprey, Scholastic, Buzz Aldrin Enterprises and many others to deliver the best blend of historical accuracy in an exciting and entertaining way. Together the Group companies form the world’s largest organization specializing in this important and vibrant niche. The Slitherine Group’s mission over the coming years is to lead the way in innovation and growth in an ever expanding segment of the entertainment industry.
comments powered by Disqus
- New Statue Unsettles Italian City: Is It Celebrating a Poet or a Nationalist?
- A Charter School Gets Canceled for Wanting to Teach Indigenous History
- The 1969 Documentary That Tried to Humanize Queen Elizabeth II and The Royal Family
- The 96-Year-History of the Equal Rights Amendment
- The Amazon Rainforest under Threat
- An interview with historian James Oakes on the New York Times’ 1619 Project
- Historian Jeffrey Engel Takes Listener Questions On Impeachment Inquiry on NPR's All Things Considered
- 5 Historians on What Was Truly Unprecedented in This Week’s Impeachment Hearings
- Teaching impeaching: History comes to life in school as teachers seize on this historic moment. Here’s what some are doing — and how.
- Smithsonian Elevates the Frequently Ignored Histories of Women