A Horrific Case of Murder that Reinforces Gay StereotypesHistorians in the News
Lauren Gutterman was interviewed by the History News Network on April 17, 2015 during the annual meeting of the Organization of American Historians where she discussed the case of Jeannance Freeman, who was convicted of murdering the two children of her lesbian lover. In the interview Ms. Gutterman breaks the taboo of gay historians who have shied away from stories that tend to reinforce stereotypes about gays.
comments powered by Disqus
- Biden Defends Bull Connor Analogy for Opponents of Voting Rights Bill
- Museum of Natural History in New York Removes Theodore Roosevelt Statue
- Another Hendrix Legacy Lawsuit: Family Seeks to Block Royalty Claim by Heirs of Bandmates
- A Texas-Born Princess and Former Scandalous Washington Wife May Lose Roman Villa in Epic Inheritance Fight
- Will SCOTUS Uphold Claim of Heirs for Return of Pissarro Painting Stolen by Nazis?