Agencies turn attention to historic landmarksBreaking News
According to Bob Wilson, director of program services for Mississippi Main Street Association, historical preservation and the business industry, specifically tourism, go hand in hand. This collaboration is especially important to the city of Biloxi, which attracts many people who visit the casinos and also enjoy the historical sites on the coast. But historical preservation provides more than economic incentive for the state. These structures are important to Mississippi history and are part of the heritage of the South.
comments powered by Disqus
- Ken Burns argues that Vietnam is to blame for much of our current alienation and polarization
- Ilan Pappe says Israel Is Not a Democracy
- Drew Gilpin Faust discusses free speech in Harvard commencement address (video)
- Military Journalist Calls on General McMaster to Step Down—And Let Trump Be Trump
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election