Agencies turn attention to historic landmarks
According to Bob Wilson, director of program services for Mississippi Main Street Association, historical preservation and the business industry, specifically tourism, go hand in hand. This collaboration is especially important to the city of Biloxi, which attracts many people who visit the casinos and also enjoy the historical sites on the coast. But historical preservation provides more than economic incentive for the state. These structures are important to Mississippi history and are part of the heritage of the South.
comments powered by Disqus
- 93-year-old former Auschwitz guard charged
- Martin Amis’s ‘Zone of Interest’ Makes European Publishers Squirm
- Urban Outfitters Features "Vintage" Red-Stained Kent State Sweatshirt
- Americans know surprisingly little about their government, survey finds
- Do You Have Snippets of the Star-Spangled Banner?