Agencies turn attention to historic landmarks
According to Bob Wilson, director of program services for Mississippi Main Street Association, historical preservation and the business industry, specifically tourism, go hand in hand. This collaboration is especially important to the city of Biloxi, which attracts many people who visit the casinos and also enjoy the historical sites on the coast. But historical preservation provides more than economic incentive for the state. These structures are important to Mississippi history and are part of the heritage of the South.
comments powered by Disqus
- Two-Thirds of European Men Descend From Three People
- In Osama bin Laden Library: Illuminati and Bob Woodward
- ISIS Fighters Seize Control of Syrian City of Palmyra, and Ancient Ruins
- A Black Man Hangs a White Supremacist: Tyler Shields’s Charged Photography
- Skulls Suggest Violence Used as a Tool of Political Control