Agencies turn attention to historic landmarksBreaking News
According to Bob Wilson, director of program services for Mississippi Main Street Association, historical preservation and the business industry, specifically tourism, go hand in hand. This collaboration is especially important to the city of Biloxi, which attracts many people who visit the casinos and also enjoy the historical sites on the coast. But historical preservation provides more than economic incentive for the state. These structures are important to Mississippi history and are part of the heritage of the South.
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history