Top Secret Documents Found in Roof at Bletchley ParkBreaking News
tags: Alan Turing, codebreakers
Top secret documents from Bletchley Park are to go on display.
The documents were originally found shoved into cracks in the roof of Hut 6, where Alan Turing and his team of codebreakers worked to decipher German army and air force messages.
Along with the fragmentary codebreaking documents found in the roof were parts of an atlas, a pinboard and a fashion article from a magazine. It seems clear that Turing and his team used whatever was to hand to plug up holes in the roof of Hut 6.
comments powered by Disqus
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations