Protest leader quits amid 'Hitler' rowBreaking News
tags: Hitler, Pegida
The head of Germany's "anti-Islamisation" movement has quit after a photo showing him apparently posing as Hitler was published in newspapers.
Lutz Bachmann is also being investigated by prosecutors over disparaging comments about refugees attributed to him by German newspapers.
He stepped down as thousands of people gathered in the eastern city of Leipzig for the Pegida movement's latest rally.
comments powered by Disqus
- Pakistani Historian Mobarak Haidar says Muslims “have no religious basis to rule Jerusalem”
- AHA Announces Last-Minute Sessions Timed to News Events
- In Australia, historians and artists have turned to cartography to record the widespread killing of Indigenous people
- Columbia’s William Connell tells NPR why Italian-Americans embraced Columbus
- Scholar risked everything to tell Islamic State’s secrets