Holocaust survivor reunited with childhood friend who saved her from NazisBreaking News
tags: Nazi, Holocaust survivor
A Holocaust survivor was reunited on Wednesday with a childhood friend who brought her food to keep her alive while she hid from the Nazis more than 70 years ago.
Mira Wexler, 78, hugged and kissed Helena Weglowski, 85, at the heartwarming meeting at JFK Airport.
It was the first time the women has seen each other since Weglowski’s family hid Wexler on their farm to escape German soldiers in 1942.
comments powered by Disqus
- Savannah Approves Changes to Confederate Monument From 1875
- Law Professor Eric Posner Proposes Bringing Back Indentured Servitude
- Public Rates Presidents: Kennedy, Reagan, Obama at Top
- Elizabeth Warren’s striking speech responding to Trump’s “Pocahontas” taunts
- When the next generation looks racially different from the last, political tensions rise
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89
- Right after the Civil War, says Stanford's Richard White, Americans were really hopeful, then reality hit
- What departments of history are doing about lower enrollments