Holocaust survivor reunited with childhood friend who saved her from NazisBreaking News
tags: Nazi, Holocaust survivor
A Holocaust survivor was reunited on Wednesday with a childhood friend who brought her food to keep her alive while she hid from the Nazis more than 70 years ago.
Mira Wexler, 78, hugged and kissed Helena Weglowski, 85, at the heartwarming meeting at JFK Airport.
It was the first time the women has seen each other since Weglowski’s family hid Wexler on their farm to escape German soldiers in 1942.
comments powered by Disqus
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea