Mormon Church founder's arrest records rediscoveredBreaking News
The current county historian, Dale Storms, says the records pertain to Smith's arrests for "glass looking," a 19th-century term for treasure hunting.
In 1830, Smith founded what became known as the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. That was ten years after he claimed to have seen a vision of God and Jesus while praying in the woods near his home in Palmyra in western New York.
Smith was killed in 1844 by an anti-Mormon mob in Illinois.
comments powered by Disqus
- Why You Should Feel Free to Ignore Polls for a Few Weeks
- Neanderthals in Germany Went Extinct Right After Population Peak
- A Worker Broke a Window at Yale and Shed Light on History
- Which Barack Obama speech is the one for the history books?
- A Brief History Of Spousal Speeches At Political Conventions