Creepy 'Vampire' Grave Unearthed In BulgariaBreaking News
tags: Bulgaria, Vampire
An archaeologist in Bulgaria said last week that he had unearthed a “vampire” grave containing a skeleton with a metal stake in its chest.
Nikolai Ovcharov, who’s been called the “Bulgarian Indiana Jones,” said the spooky grave was found during excavations at the ruins of the ancient Thracian city of Perperikon, in southern Bulgaria.
“We have no doubts that once again we’re seeing an anti-vampire ritual being carried out," Ovcharov told The Telegraph, referring to the impaled skeleton. Stakes were driven through the corpses of “bad” people to prevent them from rising from their graves and haunting the living, according to Ovcharov.
comments powered by Disqus
- Polish prime minister seeks dialogue with Israel on 'difficult history'
- Writer Makes the Case for Impeaching Clarence Thomas
- Finding a Lock of George Washington’s Hair, and a Link to American History
- How Does Trump Stack Up Against the Best — and Worst — Presidents?
- Russia Isn’t the Only One Meddling in Elections. We Do It, Too.
- Dartmouth’s Randall Balmer: Under Trump, America's religious right is rewriting its code of ethics
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89
- Right after the Civil War, says Stanford's Richard White, Americans were really hopeful, then reality hit