Creepy 'Vampire' Grave Unearthed In BulgariaBreaking News
tags: Bulgaria, Vampire
An archaeologist in Bulgaria said last week that he had unearthed a “vampire” grave containing a skeleton with a metal stake in its chest.
Nikolai Ovcharov, who’s been called the “Bulgarian Indiana Jones,” said the spooky grave was found during excavations at the ruins of the ancient Thracian city of Perperikon, in southern Bulgaria.
“We have no doubts that once again we’re seeing an anti-vampire ritual being carried out," Ovcharov told The Telegraph, referring to the impaled skeleton. Stakes were driven through the corpses of “bad” people to prevent them from rising from their graves and haunting the living, according to Ovcharov.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Dark and Divisive History of America’s Thanksgiving Hymn
- In America, there was a time when even 'Thanksgiving' was a fightin' word
- Was Walt Whitman 'gay'?
- Victims of Canada’s ‘Gay Purge’ to Get Apology from Trudeau
- Should Trump Be Impeached? What Founding Father James Madison Gave as Grounds for Impeachment.
- Is This Professor ‘Putin’s American Apologist’?
- Vietnam veterans challenge Ken Burns on the accuracy of his epic documentary
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race