A Global Guide to the First World War (interactive documentary)Roundup
tags: WW I
Ten historians from 10 countries give a brief history of the first world war through a global lens. Using original news reports, interactive maps and rarely-seen footage, including extraordinary scenes of troops crossing Mesopotamia on camels and Italian soldiers fighting high up in the Alps, the half-hour film explores the war and its effects from many different perspectives. You can watch the documentary in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Arabic or Hindi thanks to our partnership with the British Academy.
DIRECTIONS: This is the homepage to our First World War Interactive series. Navigate to each of the seven chapters in the series using the annotations. Skip to each chapter using the "next chapter" and "back" buttons, restart the video using "back to start" and select your chapter by pressing the button within the yellow circle.
comments powered by Disqus
- Southern states band together to create first unified Civil Rights Trail
- Secret memo shows bipartisanship during Watergate succession crisis
- The Trump Presidency: Year One
- From presidential nominee to freshman senator? Romney would make history if he runs.
- A historian is helping students register to vote
- Ibram X. Kendi’s NYT op ed drew a strong response
- Andrew Roberts says Trump might even win a second term