Kent State history professor says "academic friends of Israel" are "directly responsible for the murder of over 1,400 Palestinian children, women and elderly civilians"Historians in the News
tags: Middle East, Israel, Hamas, Gaza, Julio Pino
HNN Editor: HNN received the following email from Professor Pino on August 2, 2014. We have reproduced it in full. Dr. Pino is an associate professor of history at Kent State, where he teaches Latin American history.
Dear academic friends of Israel:
I hold you directly responsible for the murder of over 1,400 Palestinian children, women and elderly civilians over the past month. This is not symbolic or even legally justified homicide on your part but actual, cold-blooded, calculated killing, for which you are culpable. Your names are scrawled on every bullet fired, bomb dropped, body buried and burnt forehead in Gaza. May your names become a curse word on the lips of every justice-loving person on earth, along with “Obama” and “Netanyahu”.
The duty of the academic is scholarship for its own sake. “The duty of the revolutionary is to make the revolution”, wrote Fidel Castro. You have done neither. You have chosen to openly work for and brag about academic collaboration with a regime that is the spiritual heir to Nazism. I could call you another Martin Heidegger, but that would be an insult---to Heidegger. Scholarship practiced inside Israel is, by definition, military work on behalf of the self-proclaimed “Sparta of the Middle East”. You say you stand for the liberation of Africa, Asia and Latin America? Prove it by uttering one word or penning one sentence on behalf of the children of Palestine.
I curse you more than the Israelis, for while The Chosen drain the blood of innocents without apologies you hide behind the mask of academic objectivity, nobility of research and the reward of teaching to foreign youth----in a segregated university, of course. Lest you think this is a personal attack I swear it applies equally to all who engage in collaboration with fascism, and we both know the fate of collaborators. In the same manner, only with more zeal, than you have sworn to the Jewish State I pledge to you, and every friend and stooge of Zionism,
Hasta la victoria siempre!
Jihad until victory!
Dr. Julio Pino
comments powered by Disqus
- What Robert E. Lee Wrote to The Times About Slavery in 1858
- ICC orders Mali extremist to pay $3.2 million in reparations
- Political Rage Over Statues? Old News in the Old World
- Deadly U.S. Embassy Bombing in Kenya Was ‘Avoidable,’ According to Scorching New Memoir
- There are certain moments in US history when Confederate monuments go up
- Eric Foner says in an interview that it’s not necessary to remove Confederate statues
- Philip Zelikow says the government should crack down on armed groups of militants
- Conservatives complain that a "Pro-gay U.S. embassy features ‘art’ by anti-Trump professor”
- N. D. B. Connolly says Charlottesville showed that liberalism can’t defeat white supremacy
- Historian William I. Hitchcock schools policymakers: Ike never threatened to use nukes in North Korea