Controversial Kent State University professor sentenced to five months in prison for lying to the FBI
Julio Pino, 58, pleaded guilty in April to one count of making a false statement to law enforcement about a child custody battle.
SOURCE: Akron Beacon Jouranl
He’s putting in for early retirement as the school moves to fire him.
The federal charge against him appears to stem from an FBI investigation into threats made by a St. Louis man against a family court judge.
SOURCE: The Akron Beacon Journal
An FBI spokeswoman confirmed that associate professor Julio “Assad” Pino is being investigated. Pino denied connections to the radical Muslim organization.
Kent State's Julio Pino goes after colleagues at a journal who urged him to apologize for remarks he made about Israel
by Julio Cesar Pino
"I say most of you study Latin America for the same reason Eichmann learned Hebrew."
by HNN Staff
" At Kent State, we value collegiality and mutual respect. Assailing the public with broad statements of culpability violates these principles."
Kent State history professor says "academic friends of Israel" are "directly responsible for the murder of over 1,400 Palestinian children, women and elderly civilians"
"This is not symbolic or even legally justified homicide on your part but actual, cold-blooded, calculated killing, for which you are culpable."
by Walter L. Hixson
Shifting the focus from the professor to the organization — the Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America — offers the opportunity to consider the actual issues involved in what should have been an orderly intellectual exchange on a university campus.
by Steven Plaut
This past week Kent State gained a new basis for international notoriety, this time of academic standards and decency.
- USA Today Publishes New Articles As Part Of Series, "1619: Searching for Answers"
- Washington doesn't have a Latino history museum. These people are hoping to change that
- A history of key United Auto Workers strikes against GM
- Fact-checking Andrew Yang on history of universal basic income
- Hobby Lobby Will Return Biblical Antiquities Allegedly Stolen by Oxford Professor
- Historians Allison Horrocks and Mary Mahoney bring history to life in podcast
- Modern art historian, US museum director and clergyman EA Carmean, Jr has died, age 74
- Historian Andrew David Teaching Impeachment during an Impeachment Inquiry
- Historian Brad Simpson Says He's Never Read a Letter As Unhinged As Trump's To Erdogan
- Academic Twitter's Gender Imbalance