Originally published 01/20/2016
An FBI spokeswoman confirmed that associate professor Julio “Assad” Pino is being investigated. Pino denied connections to the radical Muslim organization.
Originally published 11/02/2014
Kent State's Julio Pino goes after colleagues at a journal who urged him to apologize for remarks he made about Israel
Julio Cesar Pino
"I say most of you study Latin America for the same reason Eichmann learned Hebrew."
Originally published 08/08/2014
" At Kent State, we value collegiality and mutual respect. Assailing the public with broad statements of culpability violates these principles."
Originally published 08/03/2014
Kent State history professor says "academic friends of Israel" are "directly responsible for the murder of over 1,400 Palestinian children, women and elderly civilians"
"This is not symbolic or even legally justified homicide on your part but actual, cold-blooded, calculated killing, for which you are culpable."
Originally published 11/09/2011
Walter L. Hixson
Shifting the focus from the professor to the organization — the Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America — offers the opportunity to consider the actual issues involved in what should have been an orderly intellectual exchange on a university campus.
Originally published 10/31/2011
This past week Kent State gained a new basis for international notoriety, this time of academic standards and decency.
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past