Originally published 01/20/2016
An FBI spokeswoman confirmed that associate professor Julio “Assad” Pino is being investigated. Pino denied connections to the radical Muslim organization.
Originally published 11/02/2014
Kent State's Julio Pino goes after colleagues at a journal who urged him to apologize for remarks he made about Israel
Julio Cesar Pino
"I say most of you study Latin America for the same reason Eichmann learned Hebrew."
Originally published 08/08/2014
" At Kent State, we value collegiality and mutual respect. Assailing the public with broad statements of culpability violates these principles."
Originally published 08/03/2014
Kent State history professor says "academic friends of Israel" are "directly responsible for the murder of over 1,400 Palestinian children, women and elderly civilians"
"This is not symbolic or even legally justified homicide on your part but actual, cold-blooded, calculated killing, for which you are culpable."
Originally published 11/09/2011
Walter L. Hixson
Shifting the focus from the professor to the organization — the Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America — offers the opportunity to consider the actual issues involved in what should have been an orderly intellectual exchange on a university campus.
Originally published 10/31/2011
This past week Kent State gained a new basis for international notoriety, this time of academic standards and decency.
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea