In words spoken hours before 9-11, hear Bill Clinton say why he could have, but didn’t, kill bin Ladentags: Bill Clinton, Osama bin Laden
A recording has turned up in Australia in which former President Bill Clinton explains why he didn’t kill Osama bin Laden, just hours before the attack on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on September 11, 2001. He made the comment reportedly during a Sept. 10 meeting with business leaders in Australia, ABC news reports:
“And I’m just saying, you know, if I were Osama bin Laden … He’s a very smart guy. I spent a lot of time thinking about him. And I nearly got him once,” Clinton said in the audio.
“I nearly got him. And I could have killed him, but I would have had to destroy a little town called Kandahar in Afghanistan and kill 300 innocent women and children, and then I would have been no better than him.
“And so I didn’t do it.”
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic