Chinese President Xi Jinping: Nobody can change historytags: China, Xi Jinping
President Xi Jinping said here on Monday that history and facts can never be changed while attending a ceremony commemorating the start of the war of resistance against Japanese aggression.
"History is history and facts are facts. Nobody can change history and facts. Anyone who intends to deny, distort or beautify history will not find agreement among Chinese people and people of all other countries," Xi said, referring to concern that Japan is trying to distort the history of the war.
The ceremony was held at the Museum of the War of the Chinese People's Resistance Against Japanese Aggression.
comments powered by Disqus
- 2 conservative groups are leading the fight against the new AP standards
- The secret of successful history departments
- AHA president suggests older historians should consider making way for younger historians
- Niall Ferguson Joins Schwarzman Scholars as Distinguished Visiting Professor in China
- Francis Fukuyama is still bullish on where history is headed, but Americans should worry: republics can decay.