Chinese President Xi Jinping: Nobody can change historyBreaking News
tags: China, Xi Jinping
President Xi Jinping said here on Monday that history and facts can never be changed while attending a ceremony commemorating the start of the war of resistance against Japanese aggression.
"History is history and facts are facts. Nobody can change history and facts. Anyone who intends to deny, distort or beautify history will not find agreement among Chinese people and people of all other countries," Xi said, referring to concern that Japan is trying to distort the history of the war.
The ceremony was held at the Museum of the War of the Chinese People's Resistance Against Japanese Aggression.
comments powered by Disqus
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past