It's official: 2014 AHA election results are inHistorians in the News
Dane Kennedy (George Washington University), chair of the Nominating Committee, announces the following results of the 2014 balloting for officers and committee members of the American Historical Association. For more information on the AHA's Council, division and committee structure, please visit the AHA's Governance page.
Vice-President, Research Division
Committee on Committees
Position 2: Daniel Bornstein (Washington University in St. Louis)
Position 2: Paula Alonso (George Washington University)
Position 3: Leila Fawaz (Tufts University)
The results will be officially announced at the annual business meeting in New York City on January 4, 2015. A detailed election report will appear in the January 2015 issue of Perspectives on History.
comments powered by Disqus
- Pollution Hurts Some People More Than Others. That’s Been True for Centuries.
- Do U.S. Strikes Send a ‘Message’ to Rivals? There’s No Evidence
- Why President Trump is probably right about the ‘ridiculous standard’ of the first 100 days
- Its location a mystery for centuries, huge Indian city is found in Kansas
- Second parchment manuscript copy of Declaration of Independence found — in England
- Rick Perlstein’s still drawing brickbats for his confession in the NYT that historians (like him) have misinterpreted modern conservatism
- “Historians are shockingly dismissive of people in ‘flyover country,’ ” says Pulitzer-winning historian T. J. Stiles
- UNC history department in uproar after a professor’s course on sports history was cancelled
- French bestseller is a dense history of France written by 122 academics
- ‘Sherlock Holmes of Armenian Genocide’ Uncovers Lost Evidence