Castro ordered JFK killed? Wiki entry edited by someone in the government says so.Breaking News
tags: JFK, Wikipedia, assassination
A new Twitter account, congress edits, now tracks changes in Wikipedia entries made by people with access to a congressional computer. One of the surprising discoveries is that someone at a congressional computer keeps changing the Wiki entry on the Kennedy assassination.
Here's what the edited entry reports:
A ten-month investigation from November 1963 to September 1964 by the Warren Commission concluded that Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald, acting on behalf of the regime of Fidel Castro, and that Jack Ruby also acted behalf of the regime of Fidel Castro when he killed Oswald before he could stand trial.
It is not known who has been editing the Wikipedia entry or from which computer the changes have been made.
For background on @congressedits, see this NYT article.
comments powered by Disqus
- 1619 Project: New York Times Magazine Publishes Special Edition Dedicated to American Slavery and Its Legacies
- National Security Archive Releases New Briefing Book on Chernobyl through the Eyes of the Soviet Politburo, KGB, and U.S. Intelligence
- Before Trump eyed Greenland: Here’s what happened last time the US bought a large chunk of the Arctic
- Illinois Governor Signs Bill Mandating Public Schools Teach LGBTQ History
- Controversial Monument to Women’s Suffrage Redesigned to Include Sojourner Truth
- Historian Elizabeth Hinton Profiled in Harvard Magazine: Color and Incarceration
- 'Clearly, he did not take part in our curriculum': Historians bash Ken Cuccinelli's revised Statue of Liberty Poem
- The Increasing Popularity of Hotel Historians
- If You Call It History, You’ve Got to Do History’: Historians Chafe at a Video That Omitted Their University’s Whites-Only Origins
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum gets grants to help publish Abraham Lincoln papers