Read Warren Harding's Love LettersBreaking News
tags: sex, Warren Harding
HNN Editor: The NYT has published selections from more than love letters Warren Harding wrote to his mistress Carrie Phillips.
Dec. 24, 1910
I love you more than all the world and have no hope of reward on earth or hereafter, so precious as that in your dear arms, in your thrilling lips, in your matchless breasts, in your incomparable embrace.
Jan. 2, 1913
I stopped play to have sandwiches and crack a bottle of wine, so I could dwell with my thoughts. You can guess where they centered — on the New Year’s beginning a year before, when the bell rang the chorus while our hearts sang the rapture without words and we greeted the New Year from the hallowed heights of heaven. . . . When I got home I was too tired to sleep, but I rested, and you were summoned in finally. And you came — a vision vividly plain, a goddess in human form — and a perfect form — clad only in flowing hair, and you were joyously received, and Jerry [Harding's nickname for his penis] came and insisted on staying while we all retrospected in the happiness of a Sunday in Richmond.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”