On anniversary of 1973 coup, Chilean Army says it's “a closed matter”Breaking News
The Army commemorated the day with a private Mass Sunday morning honouring the soldiers killed in the coup that overthrew Socialist President Salvador Allende and brought Pinochet to power. However the elderly former dictator, who is suffering from a variety of health problems and is facing trial for several human rights cases and acts of corruption, was not present.
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"