Mystery art thief 'plundered' rare works for yearsBreaking News
tags: Dublin, art thief, All Hallows College
It's a mystery worthy of a Dan Brown cracker: a famous religious college on the brink of closure and a locked archive stripped of valuable treasures it hoped to sell to stave off financial disaster.
But the trouble at All Hallows College in Dublin is far from fictional.
The cash-strapped college founded by the Vincentians was targeted by a mystery art thief right up until March this year, the Sunday Independent has learnt.
Even the famous letters Jackie Kennedy wrote to the well-connected All Hallows priest, Fr Joe Leonard, were reported missing to gardai on April 3.
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history