Mystery art thief 'plundered' rare works for yearsBreaking News
tags: Dublin, art thief, All Hallows College
It's a mystery worthy of a Dan Brown cracker: a famous religious college on the brink of closure and a locked archive stripped of valuable treasures it hoped to sell to stave off financial disaster.
But the trouble at All Hallows College in Dublin is far from fictional.
The cash-strapped college founded by the Vincentians was targeted by a mystery art thief right up until March this year, the Sunday Independent has learnt.
Even the famous letters Jackie Kennedy wrote to the well-connected All Hallows priest, Fr Joe Leonard, were reported missing to gardai on April 3.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Most Controversial Psych Study Is Repeated — Same Weird Result
- A new book explores the stunning revelation that Hemingway spied for the USSR
- A President’s Restless Corpse May Be on the Move Again in Tennessee
- How China and the U.S. might collide — or not
- Major Viking Age Archaeological Find Discovered in Denmark
- Nell Irvin Painter tells NY Magazine Americans need to stop thinking of the working class as white
- The New York Times celebrates biographer Richard Holmes
- Historians are in demand! (On cruise ships)
- Douglas Brinkley says there’s a "smell of treason in the air"
- Mary Maples Dunn, Advocate of Women’s Colleges and President of Smith, Dies at 85