Mystery art thief 'plundered' rare works for yearstags: Dublin, art thief, All Hallows College
It's a mystery worthy of a Dan Brown cracker: a famous religious college on the brink of closure and a locked archive stripped of valuable treasures it hoped to sell to stave off financial disaster.
But the trouble at All Hallows College in Dublin is far from fictional.
The cash-strapped college founded by the Vincentians was targeted by a mystery art thief right up until March this year, the Sunday Independent has learnt.
Even the famous letters Jackie Kennedy wrote to the well-connected All Hallows priest, Fr Joe Leonard, were reported missing to gardai on April 3.
comments powered by Disqus
- Holocaust Victims Mocked in Ohio State Band Parody Songbook
- Memphis attempt to drop name of Nathan Bedford Forrest runs into state law
- Overlooked: The 25th anniversary of Captive Nations Week
- In confession to historian, George McGovern revealed he had a secret child
- Revised AP U.S. History Standards Will Emphasize American Exceptionalism
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Historians Against the War gathering signatures for new resolution to AHA on alleged violations of academic freedom in Israel
- Academic Seeks Death Certificate for Outlaw Billy the Kid
- Murderer of historian of Czech Jewry goes on trial