Mystery art thief 'plundered' rare works for yearsBreaking News
tags: Dublin, art thief, All Hallows College
It's a mystery worthy of a Dan Brown cracker: a famous religious college on the brink of closure and a locked archive stripped of valuable treasures it hoped to sell to stave off financial disaster.
But the trouble at All Hallows College in Dublin is far from fictional.
The cash-strapped college founded by the Vincentians was targeted by a mystery art thief right up until March this year, the Sunday Independent has learnt.
Even the famous letters Jackie Kennedy wrote to the well-connected All Hallows priest, Fr Joe Leonard, were reported missing to gardai on April 3.
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"