7 Greatest Art Heists in Kenyan Historytags: Kenya, Art Heists
Art is priceless, so goes the saying. To those in the know, however, a price tag can be placed on any piece of art. Ask any Kenyan why an article would sell for tens of thousands, or millions even, and the answer might just shock you. Most of us assume that art heists are Western crimes but it isn’t true, art is being pilfered right under our noses. Some pilfer, some plunder, others loot, and yet others pluck artefacts from graves. From a sadistic point of view, a culture’s art comes of age when it is worth stealing.
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic