7 Greatest Art Heists in Kenyan Historytags: Kenya, Art Heists
Art is priceless, so goes the saying. To those in the know, however, a price tag can be placed on any piece of art. Ask any Kenyan why an article would sell for tens of thousands, or millions even, and the answer might just shock you. Most of us assume that art heists are Western crimes but it isn’t true, art is being pilfered right under our noses. Some pilfer, some plunder, others loot, and yet others pluck artefacts from graves. From a sadistic point of view, a culture’s art comes of age when it is worth stealing.
comments powered by Disqus
- Colorado Students Strip Naked in Protest of ‘Censorship’ of AP History Classes
- They should give this definition of History to all first year undergrads on their first day
- Field Report: What I learned by attending a workshop on Korean history
- Historians suggest ways California can integrate gay history into the school curriculum
- Now it’s Andrew Bacevich’s turn to do a MOOC