7 Greatest Art Heists in Kenyan Historytags: Kenya, Art Heists
Art is priceless, so goes the saying. To those in the know, however, a price tag can be placed on any piece of art. Ask any Kenyan why an article would sell for tens of thousands, or millions even, and the answer might just shock you. Most of us assume that art heists are Western crimes but it isn’t true, art is being pilfered right under our noses. Some pilfer, some plunder, others loot, and yet others pluck artefacts from graves. From a sadistic point of view, a culture’s art comes of age when it is worth stealing.
comments powered by Disqus
- West Point historian says if his cadets can understand the history of war, so can Congress
- Australian historian Alan Atkinson wins $100,000 literary prize
- From his perch in Saudi Arabia, Princeton’s Mark Cohen says Jews and Muslims should remember they used to get along
- Duke honors historian John Hope Franklin with year-long series of events
- What New Left History Gave Us