7 Greatest Art Heists in Kenyan Historytags: Kenya, Art Heists
Art is priceless, so goes the saying. To those in the know, however, a price tag can be placed on any piece of art. Ask any Kenyan why an article would sell for tens of thousands, or millions even, and the answer might just shock you. Most of us assume that art heists are Western crimes but it isn’t true, art is being pilfered right under our noses. Some pilfer, some plunder, others loot, and yet others pluck artefacts from graves. From a sadistic point of view, a culture’s art comes of age when it is worth stealing.
comments powered by Disqus
- Economist disputes Nial Ferguson's claim that the Fed is to blame for the stock market’s volatility
- Hero Marine Dad Will Unleash Hell Itself If Daughter’s World History Class Says Muslims Are Real
- Historians Against the War joins peace activists in pressing Congress to support a diplomatic solutions to conflict with Iran over nukes
- Despite new hires, Yale history department retains vacancies
- African-American Professor: Reagan Did More To Help Black Education Than Obama