7 Greatest Art Heists in Kenyan HistoryBreaking News
tags: Kenya, Art Heists
Art is priceless, so goes the saying. To those in the know, however, a price tag can be placed on any piece of art. Ask any Kenyan why an article would sell for tens of thousands, or millions even, and the answer might just shock you. Most of us assume that art heists are Western crimes but it isn’t true, art is being pilfered right under our noses. Some pilfer, some plunder, others loot, and yet others pluck artefacts from graves. From a sadistic point of view, a culture’s art comes of age when it is worth stealing.
comments powered by Disqus
- Niall Ferguson says it's no surprise Trump's so popular
- Howard Zinn group backs move to "Abolish Columbus Day"
- Ted Widmer appointed director of John W. Kluge Center
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools