Samuel Eliot Morison’s grandson charged with stealing US Naval recordstags: Samuel Eliot Morison, Samuel Loring Morison
A Maryland man who in the 1980s was convicted of espionage and later pardoned for leaking spy satellite photos to a British magazine has been charged with stealing government records related to a famous Naval historian who was his grandfather.
Samuel Loring Morison, of Crofton, was arrested Tuesday but released pending trial. Prosecutors allege Morison, 69, stole government records tied to his grandfather, Rear Adm. Samuel Eliot Morison, from a Navy archive in Washington.
comments powered by Disqus
- Ben Affleck Asked PBS to Not Reveal Slave-Owning Ancestor
- Archaeologists Take Wrong Turn, Find World’s Oldest Stone Tools
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Rwanda Pullout Driven by Clinton White House, U.N. Equivocation
- Centuries of Italian History Are Unearthed in Quest to Fix Toilet