Samuel Eliot Morison’s grandson charged with stealing US Naval recordstags: Samuel Eliot Morison, Samuel Loring Morison
A Maryland man who in the 1980s was convicted of espionage and later pardoned for leaking spy satellite photos to a British magazine has been charged with stealing government records related to a famous Naval historian who was his grandfather.
Samuel Loring Morison, of Crofton, was arrested Tuesday but released pending trial. Prosecutors allege Morison, 69, stole government records tied to his grandfather, Rear Adm. Samuel Eliot Morison, from a Navy archive in Washington.
comments powered by Disqus
- Hero Marine Dad Will Unleash Hell Itself If Daughter’s World History Class Says Muslims Are Real
- Historians Against the War joins peace activists in pressing Congress to support a diplomatic solutions to conflict with Iran over nukes
- Despite new hires, Yale history department retains vacancies
- African-American Professor: Reagan Did More To Help Black Education Than Obama
- Turning West, Historians Take a Wider View of Early America