Samuel Eliot Morison’s grandson charged with stealing US Naval recordsHistorians in the News
tags: Samuel Eliot Morison, Samuel Loring Morison
A Maryland man who in the 1980s was convicted of espionage and later pardoned for leaking spy satellite photos to a British magazine has been charged with stealing government records related to a famous Naval historian who was his grandfather.
Samuel Loring Morison, of Crofton, was arrested Tuesday but released pending trial. Prosecutors allege Morison, 69, stole government records tied to his grandfather, Rear Adm. Samuel Eliot Morison, from a Navy archive in Washington.
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments