Hong Kong's Huge Vigil For Tiananmen SquareBreaking News
tags: Tiananmen Square
Tens of thousands of people in Hong Kong joined a candlelight vigil on Wednesday to mark the 25th anniversary of China's military suppression of protests in Beijing's Tiananmen Square.
Residents held candles to remember the victims at Victoria Park, turning the six football fields into an ocean of flickering light.
More than 180,000 people joined the gathering, according to organisers, although police put the crowd at fewer than 100,000.
comments powered by Disqus
- A Trump book riddled with falsehoods will no longer be sold by the National History Museum
- 'America First,' a phrase with a loaded anti-Semitic and isolationist history
- These presidents all said they were going to change America. How’d that work out?
- Presidents Have Less Power Over the Economy Than You Might Think
- Harry Middleton, who led LBJ library and released presidential tapes, dies at 95