Survivor recalls disastrous D-Day rehearsalBreaking News
tags: World War II, D-Day
This week, as the Allies commemorate the 70th anniversary of D-Day, there is one story from the invasion most people don't know.
It happened during the rehearsal, but the U.S. military kept it secret, long after the war.
In the waters off a peaceful stretch of beach in southern England, the U.S. military lost more lives practicing to land on Utah Beach than actually died there on D-Day.
comments powered by Disqus
- The AP and other news outlets are giving wide attention to the proposal to create a White House Council of Historical Advisors
- New Yorker asks: Does Henry Kissinger have a conscience?
- University of South Carolina historian warns that students are missing out by not majoring in history
- Retired history Professor Marc Cooper stabbed to death by a colleague
- Douglas Brinkley says the Clinton Foundation conflicts-of-interest will follow Hillary like Watergate