Survivor recalls disastrous D-Day rehearsaltags: World War II, D-Day
This week, as the Allies commemorate the 70th anniversary of D-Day, there is one story from the invasion most people don't know.
It happened during the rehearsal, but the U.S. military kept it secret, long after the war.
In the waters off a peaceful stretch of beach in southern England, the U.S. military lost more lives practicing to land on Utah Beach than actually died there on D-Day.
comments powered by Disqus
- Economist disputes Nial Ferguson's claim that the Fed is to blame for the stock market’s volatility
- Hero Marine Dad Will Unleash Hell Itself If Daughter’s World History Class Says Muslims Are Real
- Historians Against the War joins peace activists in pressing Congress to support a diplomatic solutions to conflict with Iran over nukes
- Despite new hires, Yale history department retains vacancies
- African-American Professor: Reagan Did More To Help Black Education Than Obama