Fired Russian Historian Says East Ukraine Referendums 'Make No Sense'Historians in the News
tags: Russia, Ukraine, Crimea
Prominent Russian historian Andrei Zubov has dismissed the self-rule referendums in eastern Ukraine as "making no sense" from the legal point of view. Zubov recently lost his job at the Moscow State Institute of International Relations after writing an article comparing Putin's annexation of Crimea to Adolf Hitler's seizure of Czechoslovakia's Sudetenland in 1938.
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments