Fired Russian Historian Says East Ukraine Referendums 'Make No Sense'Historians in the News
tags: Russia, Ukraine, Crimea
Prominent Russian historian Andrei Zubov has dismissed the self-rule referendums in eastern Ukraine as "making no sense" from the legal point of view. Zubov recently lost his job at the Moscow State Institute of International Relations after writing an article comparing Putin's annexation of Crimea to Adolf Hitler's seizure of Czechoslovakia's Sudetenland in 1938.
comments powered by Disqus
- Niall Ferguson says it's no surprise Trump's so popular
- Howard Zinn group backs move to "Abolish Columbus Day"
- Ted Widmer appointed director of John W. Kluge Center
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools