Sandy Burger Fined $50,000 for Smuggling DocumentsBreaking News
This last April Berger pled guilty to unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents and Justice Department lawyers had proposed only a $10,000 fine. But in passing sentence Judge Robinson declared that the proposed fine "is inadequate because it doesn't reflect the seriousness of the offense."
Berger told the court that he let "considerations of personal convenience override clear rules of handling classified material." He accepted the judgement and does not plan to appeal the sentence.
comments powered by Disqus
- Thomas Jefferson Wrote What? Carson’s Constitutional Misstep
- Agriculture Linked to DNA Changes in Ancient Europe
- A Century Ago, Einstein’s Theory of Relativity Changed Everything
- At Princeton, Woodrow Wilson, a Heralded Alum, Is Recast as an Intolerant One
- Fact-checking Trump's claim that thousands in New Jersey cheered when World Trade Center tumbled