Sandy Burger Fined $50,000 for Smuggling DocumentsBreaking News
This last April Berger pled guilty to unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents and Justice Department lawyers had proposed only a $10,000 fine. But in passing sentence Judge Robinson declared that the proposed fine "is inadequate because it doesn't reflect the seriousness of the offense."
Berger told the court that he let "considerations of personal convenience override clear rules of handling classified material." He accepted the judgement and does not plan to appeal the sentence.
comments powered by Disqus
- Pittsburgh native David McCullough's next book will focus on generations of Northwest pioneers
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton