Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not BlackBreaking News
A new poll finds that a majority of Americans say that President Barack Obama is mixed race instead of black.
A poll from the Pew Research Center indicates that 52 percent of Americans say Obama is of “mixed race,” while 27 percent say he is black.
Among the different groups, 53 percent of whites identify Obama as mixed race while 24 percent said he is black. Sixty-one of Hispanics said the president is of mixed race, while only 23 percent said he is black.
The only group who was a majority calling Obama black was African-Americans. Fifty-five percent of blacks indicated that Obama is black, while 34 percent said he was of mixed race.
comments powered by Disqus
- Smithsonian launches campaign to raise $10 million for women’s history initiative
- Trump Was Not Always So Linguistically Challenged
- 75th anniversary of the World War 2 black uprising that the American public never heard about
- Longest serving governor in U.S. history to resign after confirmation as Trump's ambassador to China
- Did the First Human Ancestor Emerge in Europe, Not Africa?
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?