Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Blacktags: African-Americans
A new poll finds that a majority of Americans say that President Barack Obama is mixed race instead of black.
A poll from the Pew Research Center indicates that 52 percent of Americans say Obama is of “mixed race,” while 27 percent say he is black.
Among the different groups, 53 percent of whites identify Obama as mixed race while 24 percent said he is black. Sixty-one of Hispanics said the president is of mixed race, while only 23 percent said he is black.
The only group who was a majority calling Obama black was African-Americans. Fifty-five percent of blacks indicated that Obama is black, while 34 percent said he was of mixed race.
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it can be told: The weakening of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 is the crowning achievement of GOP partisans who detested the law
- Japanese textbooks may sanitize history, but comic art books don't
- Novels About Real-Life Women Are Saving Forgotten History
- Rubio becomes the first Republican presidential candidate in 2016 to admit US must confront “painful” history of racial discrimination
- CNN documentary focuses on “Nixon’s Own 9/11"
- Historians Against the War gathering signatures for new resolution to AHA on alleged violations of academic freedom in Israel
- Academic Seeks Death Certificate for Outlaw Billy the Kid
- Murderer of historian of Czech Jewry goes on trial
- Election results are in for the American Historical Association
- Nial Ferguson warns Obama’s bet on Iran has low odds of success