Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not BlackBreaking News
A new poll finds that a majority of Americans say that President Barack Obama is mixed race instead of black.
A poll from the Pew Research Center indicates that 52 percent of Americans say Obama is of “mixed race,” while 27 percent say he is black.
Among the different groups, 53 percent of whites identify Obama as mixed race while 24 percent said he is black. Sixty-one of Hispanics said the president is of mixed race, while only 23 percent said he is black.
The only group who was a majority calling Obama black was African-Americans. Fifty-five percent of blacks indicated that Obama is black, while 34 percent said he was of mixed race.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- We asked 6 political scientists if Bernie Sanders would have a shot in a general election
- The price of oil has plummeted and with it Russia’s finances
- Legal scholars at Harvard debate Cruz’s eligibility to serve as president
- Has one of Sally Hemings’s siblings been neglected by history unfairly?
- Retired historian George Dennison remains on the payroll at the U. of Montana while faculty are cut
- The Atlantic profiles exciting ways to teach history
- LDS Church has gone from 0 to 4 historians specializing in women’s history
- Israeli historian Yair Auron lays out details of a massacre in 1948