Donald Horne Dies: Coined Australia "The Unlucky Country"Breaking News
Mr Horne, a staunch republican, wrote The Lucky Country in 1964, questioning many traditional attitudes of Australian society.
He was also the editor of The Bulletin in the early 1960s, and was a long-time academic at the University of New South Wales.
He wrote 24 books, including an autobiographical trilogy, three novels and social criticisms, including The Lucky Country and God is an Englishman.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook