Donald Horne Dies: Coined Australia "The Unlucky Country"Breaking News
Mr Horne, a staunch republican, wrote The Lucky Country in 1964, questioning many traditional attitudes of Australian society.
He was also the editor of The Bulletin in the early 1960s, and was a long-time academic at the University of New South Wales.
He wrote 24 books, including an autobiographical trilogy, three novels and social criticisms, including The Lucky Country and God is an Englishman.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools