Kansas school district apologizes for only inviting African-American students on field tripBreaking News
A Kansas school district has issued an apology after sending a letter to high school students that only seemed to invite African-Americans on a proposed field trip that included visits to the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum, American Jazz Museum and lunch at a barbeque restaurant.
The letter, which was sent to Olathe South High School students by Assistant Principal Candy Birch, stated the school was “planning an outing open to our African-American sophomores and juniors” for April 5.
In addition to the museums and restaurant, the trip also included a stop at the Nelson-Atkins Art Gallery to see the "History and Hope: Celebrating the Civil Rights Movement" exhibit.
comments powered by Disqus
- Should Trump Be Impeached? What Founding Father James Madison Gave as Grounds for Impeachment.
- Long Lost Nordic Village Mysteriously Abandoned in the Middle Ages Rediscovered
- Holocaust Memorial Rebuilt Outside Far-Right Politician's House By German Activists
- Ratko Mladic Is Convicted in 1990s Slaughter of Bosnian Muslims
- Most Everything You Learned About Thanksgiving Is Wrong
- Is This Professor ‘Putin’s American Apologist’?
- Vietnam veterans challenge Ken Burns on the accuracy of his epic documentary
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race