Coltrane's Sax Joins Smithsonian Jazz CollectionBreaking News
tags: Smithsonian, museums, jazz, John Coltrane
One of John Coltrane's tenor saxophones is joining the jazz collection at the Smithsonian.
Coltrane's son, musician Ravi Coltrane, donated one of his father's three principal tenor saxophones to the National Museum of American History on Wednesday. It's a Selmer Mark VI tenor sax made in Paris about 1965....
comments powered by Disqus
- Steve Bannon Vows ‘War’ on His Own Party. It Didn’t Work So Well for F.D.R.
- Tom Hanks: 'If you're concerned about what's going on today, read history'
- 9.7-million-year-old teeth discovery in Germany could re-write human history
- Charleston's International African American Museum's big plans
- What’s inside the secret JFK assassination files?
- Presidential historian Michael Beschloss explains the significance of yesterday’s Bush-Obama attack on Trump
- Russian minister keeps doctorate despite plagiarism claims
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian